Heart in the Clouds

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Gratitudes--January 5, 2010

I'm grateful for...

Good kids. Yeah, they're rambunctious, but they're awesome and they're mine...for now (actually, they belong to God, but that's another story). They are nice to each other, except when they're not. They are curious, funny, loving, uberactive and a little crazy. I wouldn't have them be any other way.

Quality time. As some of you know, I'm a big fan of the "quality time" with my friends and family (thank you, Love Languages test). It's nice when I can get my QT tank filled.

It's Tuesday. For some reason, yesterday felt like Tuesday to me...not sure why. But I'm happy it's Tuesday and that I didn't miss a day somewhere in there.

2 Hour Delays...okay, I know they don't REALLY apply to us because we're doing cyber school, but I like them nevertheless. Hee hee...Yesterday, we had a "2 hour delay" and we ended up finishing school only an hour after we normally finish! So that's not bad at all. I like the flexibility of cyber school.

Liam's inquisitive nature. Yesterday, we were learning about volcanoes and why they erupt, where they are, etc. After the lesson, Liam said, "I wish we could see a real volcano!" So I took him to Google where he looked up volcano webcams and we found a site that has webcams on volcanoes all over the world! He's learning the idea of researching things he's interested in to find out more about them...I like that. And he's only in 1st grade!

Memories. Everyone has good and bad ones, but I'm happy to say that my good memories outnumber my bad ones. I find that most of my bad memories have to do with either anger or hurt, but even those have lost their sting in the light of the joy that I've found in life. My good experiences and memories are becoming more numerous than I could have ever imagined. God is good.

Evening trips to IKEA. Last night, we decided kind of on the spur-of-the-moment to head out there. My dad reminded me that they were having the silent auction on the display kitchens, so we went out in the blowing snow for a family trip to IKEA, which is about 35-40 minutes away. The kids LOOOOOOVE it there, so we had a good time. We bid on two kitchens, but I'm pretty sure we won't get them. Oh, well. Either way, it was a fun family evening.

Knowing Spring isn't TOO far away. I dread winter every year. This year, however, I'm trying to enjoy it...it goes along with the whole "embracing every day" idea. However, I'm finding it hard to embrace the ridiculous cold, so I'm thinking of each day as another step toward Spring, my favorite season.

My hope for you is that you live in the present, but also keep looking forward to your "Spring". Keep your eyes on the fact that things WILL bloom in your life, but you sometimes have to just wait out the cold season. I have friends who are going through difficulties of varying types and I've been through some rough spots recently myself, but that doesn't change who God is. God has a purpose for each of us. Sometimes, though, waiting out the cold season means just holding on to the promises we have or just remembering that God has good things for us. Don't be afraid of the Winters in life because each day we wake up to Winter brings us one day closer to our blooming. Dormancy isn't death, it's a form of rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment