Heart in the Clouds

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Gratitudes and Thoughts --March 24, 2010

What does it mean when I say that I'm ready? I've been thinking about this. What does "ready" mean? For a long time, I've felt a change coming in my life. I was in the doldrums for a while, I had a bit of a high and now I'm settling into the knowledge that change is coming in some form, and I am making myself ready...but what does that mean?

I guess "ready" just means that I'm choosing to be open. If I go with my gut reaction, it's usually to close myself to change or to avoid it so I don't have to adapt...which isn't good, obviously. Being open to change is something I think that God is working on in my life. He wants me to be open ALL the time, to be ready for whatever he puts across my path. The actual BEING ready part is on me. He can prepare me and teach me, but when change comes I have to just step out.

Whether we move or not, I feel change is going to come in some form. I can't explain how I feel it, but I do. It's in my bones. It's weird to say that I feel it on the wind, but that's one of the only ways I can describe it. And instead of being wary of it, I'm choosing instead to open myself to it.

If you have change coming in your life, expected or unexpected, I hope that you make yourself ready and open for what happens. Don't fear change. Don't fear a shift in your life. God brings change sometimes to keep us on our toes. Change is uncomfortable and it tends to come at times when we're not truly prepared. The only way to be prepared for the unexpected, if that's even possible, is just to choose to be open. Every morning when you wake up, talk to God and say, "God, whatever you want to do today, help me to be open to it. Help me to trust you." I'm going to start doing that.

__________________________
___________

I'm grateful for...

Sunshine. Until yesterday, the sun was shining and it was warm. I was in heaven and it gave me a push to get some things done and to get up off my winter-weary butt.

Rain. Yesterday it rained AND there was a thunderstorm. I'm not a big fan of gray days, but it was actually raining (instead of just being gray) and I'm cool with that. I am okay when the weather is DOING something, but I can't stand it when it's only being gray just to be gray. Bleah. Plus, thunderstorms make me happy.

Waking up to hear chirping birds. I miss that all winter, so it's a reminder that Spring is finally here.

SPRING IS FINALLY HERE! I can see green buds on the trees. They're not just sticks anymore, and I'm gettting excited. The daffodils and crocuses are poking their pretty little heads above the soil now...sigh. Beauty is back.

Preparation. God is preparing me for something. Not sure what it is, but I'm just going to go with it. I feel like a boxer who is ready for a fight I know I'm going to win. I'm not nervous, but I'm excited to see what happens. My trainer is rubbing my shoulders and giving me a pep talk. I'm making myself ready...I'm open. The gloves are on.

New mercies. I don't handle myself well all the time...surprising, I know. I am not a patient person, but I think God gave me kids in order to teach me to be patient. I hate waiting. I hate having my schedule rely on other people's timing, but that's the way it is. I'm getting better at it and every morning is another chance to test my ability to love and to accept and to be patient. God is loving, accepting and patient with me. I have no excuse.

My friends. You know who you are. You are all patient with me. You are good people. I am grateful that each of you is a part of my life. Thanks for letting me be myself.

My hope for all of you is that you keep yourself open and choose joy in the middle of change. Put your gloves on. Your trainer is giving you a pep talk. You're being prepared for something. Your life has a purpose, so KEEP your sense of purpose. Change can be incredibly hard if you're not prepared to roll with it whenever it comes. You never know the amazing things that are ahead of you, so don't lose hope and choose joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment