Heart in the Clouds

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Grateful - July 15, 2010

I'm grateful for...

The scent of honeysuckle on a summer evening. I took my long walk this evening and as I got to a certain area along the way, I took a deep breath and smelled the sweet scent of honeysuckle and warm summer air. It was lovely...felt good to clear myself of all the crap I've been feeling this week.

A tall glass of ice water with two slices of lemon...it was incredibly refreshing and I guzzled it down.

Being able to live without air conditioning. It's been a hot summer so far, but I have been doing well without air conditioning. We don't even sleep with it. The only place in the house with A/C is the kids' bedroom. So far, all I've needed is a window fan at night and an industrial fan in the hallway during the day. A/C gives me headaches and then makes my body go all wacky, making me overheated when I'm outside...plus, we're probably saving some money on electricity.

"Massages" from my kids. This afternoon, the boys told me to lie face-down on the floor, so they could give me a massage. They proceeded to alternately beat on my back and then rub it so lightly I could barely feel it. They were trying to make me feel loved and appreciated, like I was in a spa...so cute. My kids are so sweet, unless they're not, but usually they are.

My car. I love it just as much as I did the day we bought it, and I'm so grateful that God blessed us with it. Every time I open the door and get in, I smile a little bit.

Glee. Even the reruns make me happy. :)

So You Think You Can Dance. Don't roll your eyes. As I always say, I like to see people, in this case younger people, getting to do what they love, especially when they work so hard at it. It is inspiring.

My hope for you today is that you know that you are cared for, that God is with you and that there is nothing to fear. Fear is learned. We're not born afraid. Psalm 118:6 says, "The Lord is for me; I will not fear; what can man do to me?"

No comments:

Post a Comment