Heart in the Clouds

Friday, July 16, 2010

Grateful - July 16, 2010

Today, I'm grateful for...

Brennan Manning. One of my favorite authors, Christian or otherwise, of all time. I "get" him and I can totally relate to his writing. He has helped a lot of people realize how God feels about us and what we should feel about ourselves. Today, he reminded me that all that God requires of me is to do justly, to love mercy and to walk humbly with my God (Micah 6:8). It's just that simple, people.

Girl time. I had a fun and encouraging time with the M2M ladies tonight. We sat around and chatted at Panera...when Panera kicked us out, we went shopping at WalMart. I enjoy getting to know new people and these are some awesome ladies.

A turnaround. The sad events of this past week have left me profoundly affected, but they have brought about a positive turnaround in my life. My spirits are up again, and I'm back in touch with my gratitude. Life is too short not to savor every moment.

Hot, sticky, steamy Summer days. At least it's not snowing, right? I HATE humidity, but I am just grateful that it's not Winter.

The library. Yeah, it sounds lame, but I love that I can get books and movies for free. To an avid reader/movie-watcher (and cheapskate), the library is a wonderland. Don't roll your eyes...it's MY gratitude list, not yours. :P

Fitting into my old jeans. There's something encouraging about putting on the size you wore last year and having it fit with no sucking in of the belly and with no "muffin top". While I may not be getting much thinner, at least I'm maintaining. That's okay with me.

Myself. I go through times where there are things I'd really like to change about myself, usually the major character flaws that I see on a regular basis. But, at the end of the day, I am grateful that God made me who I am and that he's making me MORE myself every day. I want my "self" to look more and more like him as time goes on, and I'm grateful that he's always working in me.

My hope for you is that you love yourself. You are just as worthy of love and respect as anyone else. If you treat yourself that way, other people will treat you that way, too. God loves you, so be kind to yourself. It's not about what you DO for Him, it's about knowing that He loves you and that you're safe with him. It doesn't mean life will be perfect, but it does mean that you have a soft place to fall.God

No comments:

Post a Comment