Heart in the Clouds

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Grateful - July 17, 2010

Today, I'm grateful for...

Wonder Woman...okay, this was ACTUALLY from last night, but I felt compelled (by Alice mentioning it) to put it in my gratitudes. I love Wonder Woman. Who wouldn't like a curvy, raven-tressed girl fighting injustice, right? I love her. Anyway, last night after we got together at Panera for M2M time, a few of us went to Wal-Mart. As we were walking past the clothing section, I looked over at one of the racks and gasped loudly. There in front of me was a Wonder Woman t-shirt. I love all things WW, so I had to buy it. Sometimes God knows what you like. :)

A fun day with the kids. We had a whirlwind trip to Idlewild Park today for the Plumbers & Pipe Fitters picnic. It was a lot of fun and it was something we wouldn't normally do. I love spending time making my kids happy and doing things they like doing.

Work. I got a little job for this evening assisting Don at a family photo session. It was fun and I needed the money. Good timing!

Turning 35. It's exactly one week away and I am looking forward to it. I hope it's as life-changing as my 30th birthday was.

My birthday trip...the countdown begins. I leave on Friday! Yay for "Mama's Birthday Trip"...hooray!

Cold watermelon and blueberries. My favorite snack of the summer...mmmm. Fruit makes me happy. I wait all through the Fall, Winter and Spring for watermelon season. Plus, it's more a guilt-free midnight snack.

Knowing God LIKES me. He doesn't just love me. It's possible to love someone, but not "like" them. So I'm glad that God likes me. Brennan Manning says that tenderness is something you feel when you know that a person genuinely LIKES you. I think that's why I've always had a tender heart where God was concerned. Even as a child, I always knew that God liked me. I've never been one of those people who felt I had to strive to earn his love...He likes us!

So my hope is that you realize that God LIKES you. He thinks you're cute. He likes the way you laugh. He likes your voice. He likes hanging out with you, even if you don't know he's there. You're not just his beloved, you're his friend. Think about that...

No comments:

Post a Comment