Heart in the Clouds

Friday, November 12, 2010

Grateful - 11/12/10

Today, I'm grateful for...

Being shiny. Today, Mr. Mastroianni, my 88 year old walking buddy, told me that every time he sees me, it's like everything about me is shiny. I took that as a huge compliment and it was uplifting to me. :)

Getting over it. I'm finally starting to get over the hacking cough. TMI, but stuff is coming out and I'm happy about that. The sooner I can get to where I don't sound like I have tuberculosis or whooping cough, the better.

Open windows in November. The fact that it's warm enough to open my windows to the blue sky and breeze is fabulous. Thank you, God, for pick-me-up weather. I can only handle so much of the gray and cold. That's probably why gratitude is the hardest for me in the Winter...lol.

Knowing everything is going to be okay. God lifts me up in so many ways. FB chats with friends, Scriptures that pop into my head, comments from my kids, the still, small voice in my heart--I don't have to listen too hard to hear God's voice. I'm grateful for that.

Babies on the way...for other people. I'm so glad that some of my friends and relatives are having babies. There's nothing sweeter than a newborn. The tiny cry, the little feet and hands, the fuzzy head, the wrinkly skin...so cute. I can't wait until Slavina's baby, Gabriel, is born and until my new niece will be here next year. Babies are a gift. Maybe that's why I've considered gestational surrogacy. I love the idea of giving Christian couples the joy of adding to their family, but I can't imagine doing it all again myself. I guess you never know, but I plan to get my fix with these new little ones. So exciting!

Encouragement. God knows how to encourage me. I'm odd. I'm grateful that God knows my heart and he knows my quirks and he loves me anyway. He's good that way.

Change. Sometimes, when I feel a change coming, it's easy to get uptight and worried. But God is good about giving me peace if I ask for it. He brings change because he wants it. I am learning to go with His flow and embrace things as they come. He is faithful to not give me more than I can handle, even though I question that at times. :)

My hope is that you learn to wait for God. It's so easy to want to push ahead with whatever we're doing, especially if it feels like God is taking too long. Sometimes, though, he calls us to wait. He's not dragging his feet, but he's teaching us patience. Psalm 27:14 says, "Wait for the Lord. Be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." Often, the strength comes in the waiting. I hope you learn that waiting isn't a bad thing. There are so many foundational truths to be learned when you're in a holding pattern. God is faithful to us, even when it feels like nothing is happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment