Heart in the Clouds

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Grateful - 11/21/10 (A shift.)

Today I'm grateful for...

Sunday mornings. I like do-nothing mornings. Sundays, for us, are family time, usually spent in our pajamas. It's even better that it's sunny and frosty. Everything is sparkly outside.

Waking with a song in my heart. ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkwJ-g0iJ6w )  Every so often, I wake up singing and I'm not sure why. Maybe it's to signify that my spirit knows that a hard time has passed. I don't know. I had a bit of a rough week, but I woke up this morning acutely aware of God's presence and his faithfulness. It was a welcome change. :)

God-directed "random" acts of kindness. When God tells you to do something for someone, do it. This week, I felt really strongly to do something for a specific stranger, and when I did it, it really made the person's day and made them feel like someone cared. I encourage you to do that this week, too. Listen for God's voice when you pass by a stranger and follow what he says. Don't preach at them. Don't shove the Bible down their throats. Just be you and love them. You are God's hand extended.

The smell of cinnamon rolls and coffee. Ain't nuffin' better.

A shift. This week, I experienced what could be the death of a dream...or at least MY version of the dream. I allowed myself my "wallowing time" and then I decided to let go. Maybe God has something else. I already know that "good" is the enemy of "best", so maybe my version wasn't the best version. While I know nothing is impossible with God, I'm making myself ready to let God be the one to put focus to my blurry vision. He knows what's going to happen. Nothing comes as a surprise to him, and I know he's got plans to prosper me and protect my heart. While I still find myself a little sad when I think of what could be, I know that I am in good hands.

A new opportunity. I'll tell you about it if you send me a message (some of you already know), but I'm going to wait on talking about it here on the blog. I feel like it's a "God thing," though, because it's a job that kind of fell in my lap only a few days after I told God that I'd take whatever opportunities he brought across my path. Amazing and it feels so random...although I know that God is anything but random. :)

Ugg boots. It's that time of year again. I hate cold weather, but I love my cozy boots.

The layoff. While the summer layoff was a really great time, this time around it's taken me longer to remember how awesome it can be. I'm grateful that Sean can collect unemployment while he's waiting to hear about another job. We've lived well on a lot less, so I know that there's no problem with money. I don't worry about money. I guess, though, that it's taken me longer this time because I feel like I'm getting closer to whatever change God has been preparing me for. Change is good, but it's also stressful. Adding MORE change (like a layoff) into the mix makes me uneasy if I focus on myself, but keeping my eyes on God lifts me above present circumstances.

I hope you know that things will get better. I hope you know that if you open yourself to whatever God has to give you, you are opening yourself to GOOD things. While it's easy to see our dreams as "the best" that could happen to us, God is the one who knows what "best" really is. He's got more extravagant plans than we do and he can orchestrate them down to the minute. There are no coincidences. There are no chance meetings. There are only opportunities to see God in every situation. That's what gratitude is--seeing God in every situation and thanking him for being there.

No comments:

Post a Comment