Heart in the Clouds

Friday, November 5, 2010

Grateful - 11/5/10

Today, I'm under the weather. I know it will pass, but I feel awful. So to add some brightness to my day, I'm choosing to be thankful when I feel like crap. That's the best time, I guess, right?

I'm thankful for...

Sparkly people. There are people who just sparkle. They have a presence about them that makes them glisten. :) They are the people who make you laugh when you're down. They are the people who call you when you're going through a hard time. I'm grateful that I have a few sparkly people in my life, and I know that God put them there.

His rod and His staff...they comfort me.

Friday movie night. It's a tradition I hope to continue with my kids as they get older. Tonight, we snuggled under blankets in the family room and watched a movie, Toy Story 3. When it got to the part where Andy's mom gets upset as he's leaving for college, Liam turned to me and said, "Do I get to choose when I go to college?" I said, "Yes." He said, "Then I'm never going." He got choked up at that part. So cute.

"Pagan Christianity" by Frank Viola and George Barna. You know how I feel about Brennan Manning's books, right? Well, this book was on that level for me. It was a "right time" book. There are some books you read and you feel like it's not the right time for you to receive whatever message the authors are putting across, but this was the right time for me to read this one. I felt validated and I felt a lot of questions were answered for me. I never knew why I felt I didn't fit in in certain religious settings, or why certain things about institutional church made cringe. This book was a vaildation of all the things I couldn't put into words in the past.

Making new friends. Sometimes God brings new people into your life at just the right time.

Road trips. We had a great time hanging out with old friends in Ontario this week, and we had a fun time together as a family, as well.

Tylenol PM...'nuff said. It helped me sleep last night.

Jesus. He's the reason for everything.

I hope something amazing and timely happens for you this week. I hope you remember when it happens that God is behind every blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment