Saturday, February 5, 2011

Gratitudes 2011 - #5

After trying to blog a couple of times this week and after having my blogging plans thwarted by accidentally deleting or by having my computer shut down just as I’m posting, I figured I’d wait a few days. I was too annoyed.

So today I’m grateful for…

Weekends. Since we do school at home during the week, my weekends are precious to me. I love waking up on a Sunday morning and realizing that I could sit in my pajamas with my mug of coffee in my hand all day if I want to. Such a lovely feeling.

My peeps. I have the best church ever…just sayin’.

My red knitted hat. Despite the fact that it’s not Sean’s favorite, I love it. Wearing it makes me happy.

Fighting a cold. It hasn’t hit me full-force yet, thank God. It’s been a while since I’ve been sick, so I’m thankful that it’s only a little sniffle right now. A little sniffle ain’t so bad.

No snow. We’ve only had the occasional flurries this week, while the rest of the country is snowed in or frozen over. That’s a first!

A nap. I needed one today and BOY did I get one. It was one of those naps that are hard to wake up from, but I finally did. I feel much better now, even though I can't breathe well through my nose.

Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh is a sports town full of awesome people. I was in the store today and, even though the Super Bowl isn’t until tomorrow, SO many people were wearing their black & gold jerseys. So happy and it’s such a cool feeling to share excitement with half a million other locals. I'm also grateful for Pittsburgh football...DUH!

Wool socks. I love having toasty toes. Sean's work socks are so warm and comfy, and even though the heel of the sock is closer to my ankle than my heel, I still wear them.

Crime TV. I so enjoy sitting on my couch on Saturday evening after church and watching 48 Hours: Hard Evidence on TLC. There’s something so fascinating about crime-solving. I should have been a detective.

A good place.  I have my three fellas around me. I have great friends. I have a wonderful life. I have so much to be thankful for and I know it. Being in touch with your blessings is the best way to keep yourself in a good place. I am now always conscious of when I feel myself developing a bad attitude because it feels foreign and it just feels wrong. I’m grateful that God keeps me in check.

I hope you are able to focus on the good things. I hope that you don’t just live between the big events. I’ve been trying not to do that myself, so I want to encourage you to live as much of your life as you can, even the so-called “boring” parts. Enjoy it while it lasts because it’s all a gift from God.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for encouraging me not to "just live between the big events." As a homeschool mom of 4, sometimes the day to day gets me down. Remembering to live this life, today, is important. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Promote your blog on mine

    1. What is the name of your blog? House Church Connections in the Kingdom of God
    2. What is the url? http://www.housechurchconnections.com
    3. How long have you been blogging? About 2 years
    4. What is your blog about? I write about house church from the kingdom perspective. When we meet under a tree in the forest here in Colorado Springs, we call it Organic Church :)
    5. Tell us one thing about your blogging experience that we might find of interest:
    About 300 to 500 people visit per day. About 1/5 are from Europe and 1/7 other countries.

    ReplyDelete