Heart in the Clouds

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Gratitudes 2011 - #6

Today I'm grateful for...

A happy Valentine's Day. If you know me, you know I don't celebrate it, generally, but I do like to make it fun for my boys and remind them in a tiny way that they will always be in my heart. They each got their chocolates, a teddy bear and a handmade card. Then Sean took us out for lunch to their favorite place...Chick-fil-A.

Family dates. We've gotten to have a few in the last while and I have to say that it's great to be able to make memories with our kids.

Knowing that Winter is almost over.

Legos and Kung-Zhus. They go a long way when kids are grounded from TV and video games for more than a week. :)

A job for Sean.

Knowing this job is only going to last a few days. hee hee...

A job for me. Even though the bulk of the work is pretty much done for now, I have enjoyed doing something different. That's probably why Winter has gone so quickly for me.

Friends--near ones and far ones.

The U. S. of A...For all its problems and contentious issues, I love my country and I always will.

DVR.

Sunshine and the promise of warmer weather...Truthfully, I can say that this Winter hasn't been too bad for me, but I can't wait to see green again!

Flip-flops...never thought I'd be so excited to crack them out again. Let's see if we can do that this weekend!

Toenail polish. Yeah, 'nuff said.

I hope you have a wonderful day, and I hope you keep your eyes on the horizon. It's really easy to get dragged down by the day-to-day circumstances that don't seem to go our way. Don't let it grind you down. I'll try to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment