Heart in the Clouds

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Gratitudes 2011 - #12

"But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed." - Isaiah 53:5

"The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said." - Matthew 28:5-6

There isn't much of anything else I can say today other than to whisper words of thanks. This weekend of remembering Jesus' death and resurrection never ceases to give me a sense of awe and gratitude. I will never understand a love like the love God has for me, but I am supremely thankful that the eyes of my heart are open to see it.



Today, I'm grateful for...

Hope. No matter what happens, because of Jesus I have hope.

Simple things. The laughter of my children, a kiss on the cheek from my husband, a beautiful sunset (like the one last night), listening to my own heartbeat in the silence...

Perspective.

The newness of Spring. It reminds me that Winter doesn't actually last as long as I think it does...in both the physical and spiritual senses.

Weakness. The ability to admit your weaknesses to yourself (and to others, for that matter) is actually a sign of strength. It's the person who puts on a brave facade or pretends that their life is perfect who is truly weak.

Laughter. I'm grateful that there are people in my life who can make me laugh. Laughter is good for the soul. :)

Joy in the journey. It's something I'm learning. I've never really been a "joy is in the journey" type of person. I've always been impatient to get where I'm going, and to get started on what I consider living. However, I've been learning that the majority of life is actually the journey and the waiting. If you can't be thankful and joyful in the waiting, you are going to miss out on most of your life. Existing from event to event is no way to live.

I hope you grasp the full meaning of Easter and that you catch hold of the hope that it represents. It wasn't just a one-time event...Yes, it happened in a few days' span of time, but the truth of this time of remembrance is that it is an eternal event, and the ripple effect will continue until the end of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment