Sunday, December 2, 2012

Stuff.

So I'm a lapsed blogger. So what?

I post sporadically when I feel the urge to write. I wish I could be one of those committed bloggers, like my friends Beth and Joe, but I'm usually either feeling blocked or lazy...more often than not, lazy.

I have a lot to say. Often it's in the form of inspirational things I've read or thoughts that have run across my mind, but by the time I actually sit down to craft something out of those fleeting thoughts, they've already escaped me or I talk myself out of voicing them. I tell myself, "Nobody will read this anyway, so why bother?" or "That's not really important enough to put out there for people to read."...you know, that kind of crap.

Recently, Frank Viola put up some information about an upcoming workshop for bloggers and writers and it stirred something in me. I feel like there's a writer still in me somewhere, but I guess I just have to take notice of what it is that inspires her to spring out of her shell.

If you've read any of my more discussion-sparking posts (for instance, this one or this other one), you'll notice that I have a heart for social justice. I have a heart to send out good news rather than negativity. So I suppose I DO know what reaches me, I just don't always think what reaches me will reach other people.

I guess it comes down to making the decision to write down my thoughts whether other people read them or not. I blog for myself, sometimes as a way of venting. The act of writing things out is a great catharsis for my soul.

So the mission I've put myself on for 2013 is to write what my heart is speaking. It will likely be nothing profound. Sometimes it may be a snooze-fest. I don't know. I'm kind of excited about the prospects, though. I feel like there's a buildup of "stuff" in my brain and in my heart and one way to get the dam to break is to take a sledgehammer to it.

Now, to find a sledgehammer...






Me and my little fellas



No comments:

Post a Comment