Thursday, April 11, 2024

Starting Over




I started this blog back in the 2010s. I have hidden most of my old posts because I am starting again from (almost) the beginning of a new season of life, in a different frame of mind, and in a belief system that has changed pretty dramatically.

If you're looking for Gratitude Sarah or Super Positive Sarah, you have come to the wrong place, sorry. 

That version of me lived in a lot of denial, or at least the gratitude posts and the happy-go-lucky posts masked a person who was sad, isolated, questioning, and raw--a person who curated her vulnerability. 

BUT,

I am learning to speak my truth, whether it looks good to others or not. I am in therapy and becoming a therapist. My children are officially adults. I am learning that I belong to myself. I am in the middle of earning a master's degree, which is something I always wanted to do. I am singing in a band, which is something I always wanted to do. I haven't run long distances in a long time because running serves a different purpose for me now. 

Life has been interesting, to say the least. But I am more at peace now in many ways, and I am living more authentically than I ever have.

So if you want to join me on this new ride, please do. I am not sure where this is going, but I'm ready to see what's ahead.

Thanks for being a part of this new season.

Lots of love,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment